Kåddis – dating back to the Middle Ages
The village of Kåddis has been recorded in historical sources dating back to 1324, when a certain Johannes and his wife, Cecilia, donated a homestead in Kåddis to the Uppsala Cathedral on condition that the archbishop approve the inheritance claim of Cecilia’s brother, Jerud in Hiske. In 1346 Könik Skarlakan acquired property in exchange for land he inherited in Uppland.
The medieval settlement was located south of the current village. In 1543 five farmers lived in the village, and the same number were there in 1750. With the redrawing of farm boundaries in 1846–47, the village had seven farms. Next to the village there were three permanent fishing buildings.
During the latter part of the 19th century, the village expanded, and during the 20th century, several dwellings, such as private houses and villas, were added.
The County Administrative Board has classified Kåddis as a village of national interest for cultural heritage conservation.