Over the years, Sörfors has had three different bridges. The first bridge over the Ume River was made of wood and built between 1800–1802.
However, it was not there for long. On 24 May 1809, on the orders of Major General von Döbeln, the bridge was set on fire to prevent Russian troops from gaining ground. But these efforts did not help much, because the Russian troops crossed the river in Umeå by ship.
The loss of the bridge was a great disappointment for the village, but they received a grant of 1000 riksdaler from the Crown for its destruction.
The second wooden bridge was built in 1875–1877 in approximately the same location as the first. The reason it took so long was due to a period of bad harvests and a lack of money, and that a bridge was built in Umeå in 1863.
To regain the money spent on the bridge construction, a fee was charged for crossings and a bridge guard manned the gate. The stone pillar upstream from the current bridge is a relic of the second oldest bridge in Sörfors.
The current iron bridge was built in 1910–1912. Stone for the bridge foundation was taken from Klabböleberget, and Götaverken built the span. The bridge is fastened with rivets and is not welded.