Böle lieutenant colonel residence
When Charles XI past through Umeå in 1694 to inspect how the newly established allotments were working out, the king decided that for Västerbotten, the lieutenant colonel would live in Böle. The home was built in 1696.However, the building burned down during fighting in Umeå in 1720.
The current manor house, which is the third on the same site, was built based on plans by P. Adelcrantz in 1760.
The original building was single-story with a gable roof and four chimneys. The central axis of the house included an entrance hall with stairs leading to the attic storey and a drawing room.
The first major change was made in the 1770s, which is probably when the roof was given its mansard design.
The frontispieces and gable doors date back to pre-1865. The entrance hall was expanded in 1866 with a staircase to the attic storey. Renovations took place from 1934–37, when the entrance hall was given its current appearance, with the balcony supported by pillars.
The Böle residence was used as military housing until 1897; then it came under the management of the Västerbotten Agricultural Society and hired out to leaseholders. The property has been privately owned since 1934.
A raised shed located on the property was built in 1837.
The Böle residence has been a listed building since 1975.