In 1773 Christian Fillion built a mirror and cylinder-blown glass production factory in Strömbäck, beside Ström’s closed glassworks. But the company had financial troubles and was auctioned off in 1779.

Ferdinand Opitz was hired in 1794, glass-cutter Moses Jakobsson was hired in 1800, and the company was in business through several ownership changes until 1879. At most, there were 93 employees.

Strömbäck Glassworks produced mainly windows and green glass of various types, and simple green glass such as containers for spirits, inkpots, pocket flasks and other bottles. They also made milk pails, wash basins, containers and chamber pots in green glass. Drinking glasses, watch glass, pipe stems and candlestick holders were made in colourless glass. To a lesser extent, they also made objects in blue and ivory opal glass.

In the 19th century, jam bowls, spirits and water carafes, glass lamp shades and fixtures, sugar bowls, and salt cellars in ivory glass were available. The glassworks also produced some chandeliers, primarily for churches.

The Västerbotten Museum offers contemporary copies of Strömbäck’s glass for purchase.