By Storgatan, on a previously undeveloped lot on the slope down towards the river, a manor was built in 1929 for the provincial doctor, O.S. Wåhlin. Like his contemporary colleagues, Architect Edvard Lundquist admired the classical panel architecture of the town’s middle class manor homes and smaller manors in the countryside. For Wåhlinska Manor he chose a building type that was particularly popular during the first half of the 19th century: a symmetrical, closed main body of the building on a rectangular plot of ground with a hipped roof. In the spirit of the 1920s, the facade has finely sculpted window and door lintels.
The Doctor’s Villa has been preserved by combining it with a large new building for Home Hotel, a common Umeå solution.